We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
If you intend to carry out the Water analysis tapyou will not have to spend a fortune or obtain a degree in chemistry! There are kits on the market to analyze drinking water with extreme simplicity.
Among the various proposals on the market I point out iDIY analysis kitmade available byFem2 Environment, a spin-off company of the University of Milan Bicocca. These are disposable kits that allow you to perform the classic water tests, in particular:
- chloride content
- sulphate analysis
- amount of nitrites and nitrates
- water hardness (how much limestone is there in the water?)
A qualitative test that will allow you to analyze tap water in a few simple steps.
In carrying out thewater testremember that nitrates are normally present inwater, even in thatdrinking. In Italy, the content ofnitratesin drinking waterit must not exceed 50 mg / L. Nitrates by themselves are not toxic but can only give rise to carcinogenic compounds when converted tonitrites. The problem is that nitrates can be converted into nitrites in our body.
When nitrate is ingested, suspended in drinking water or with other foods, about 20% of this salt can be transformed into nitrite. Nitrites, in turn, when they reach the stomach and intestines, can give rise to some N-nitrous compounds, or nitrosamines which are considered carcinogenic and harmful to our body. Before triggering alarms, I want to emphasize that the AIRC reminds us that the relationship between the formation of tumors and the introduction of nitrates through water and food has not yet been demonstrated.
In order to verify the quality of the water, in addition to the legal limits imposed for nitrates dissolved in water, I would like to point out the other limit values prescribed by law:
- pH - values between 6.5 and 9.5
- Nitrates - values less than or equal to 50 mg / L
- Nitrites - values below or ugauli to 0.5 mg / L
- Chlorides - values less than or equal to 250 mg / L
- Sulphates - values less than or equal to 250 mg / L
- hardness - recommended value between 15 ° F and 50 ° F. Unlike the other parameters, hardness is a recommended value, so there is no legal obligation. Such a water test can be useful if you have limescale problems and want to install filters.
How thedo-it-yourself water analysis?
Thewater testmade by the University of Milan Bicocca is based on colorimetric strips, so let's talk about akitextremely easy to use. The colorimetric strips are capable of changing color in the presence of certain substances dissolved in water. The kit to perform thedo-it-yourself water analysiscontains 5 different colorimetric strips suitable for performing itestpreviously listed.
How are thedo-it-yourself water analysis?
- Fill the 5 tubes with water
- Immerse a colorimetric strip in each tube
- Wait a few seconds and observe the colors they will take on.
- Compare the colors of the strips immersed in water with those shown on the reading sheet included in the kit.
Where to buy kits for performing do-it-yourself water analyzes?
I'll point out two links for online purchases:
1) 2 Disposable Kit for Domestic Water Quality Analysis
Price 32.90 euros. These are two kits. To perform water analyzes twice, for example, before and after the installation of a purification filter.
2) 2 Disposable Kit for Domestic Water Quality Analysis
Price 21.90 euros. It is a single kit.