We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Fertilizing the soil is a necessary cultivation operation if we want to make our garden more productive. Our vegetables absorb the nutritional foods they need from the soil such as nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium and sulfur. in this regard we will show you how to fertilize the soil by following some useful indications.
How to fertilize the soil, the necessary
How to fertilize the soil, the procedure
- Take the spade and sink it into the ground, going down 20/30 centimeters
- Turn the earth over, gradually eliminating all the roots of weeds that take away space and nutrients from the plants: it will be used to prevent these from growing back in the spring by invading your garden, Remove the stones: but do not throw them away they can
- Make the soil more friable: if the soil is too clayey, just add a little sand
- Enrich the soil with fertilizer
- With the pick and the rake, crumble the earth mixing it well with the added fertilizer
- Once this is done, wait a few weeks, thus allowing the earth to blend well with the fertilizer.
How to fertilize the soil, types of fertilizer
To fertilize the soil we can use manure: the best manures are horse manure (the most expensive), bovine and chickens. As an alternative to manure you can also use compost: it is excellent for fertilization and makes the soil very crumbly. In addition, with compost you will have the opportunity to economically save and recycle organic waste, giving a big hand to the environment.
How to fertilize the soil, useful tips
- Always use work gloves, you will avoid annoying blisters on your hands
- Do not sink the spade too much into the ground by levering with your leg, you will strain your back too much
- If the earth is too wet, postpone fertilizing the soil: it would only be more tiring