We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Peppers are very versatile vegetables in the kitchen; you can prepare many side dishes, they can be the main ingredient for a first course, they can represent a single dish such as stuffed peppers. They can also enrich many delicious breakfasts, but since pepper is a typical summer vegetable we cannot consume it all year round. The only way to always enjoy them is to preserve them in oil! In this regard, here's how to do the peppers in Oil following our recipe step by step.
Peppers in Oil, the ingredients
- 1 kilo of organic red peppers
- 1 liter of white apple cider vinegar
- 1 liter of water
- Extra virgin olive oil as required
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 chilli
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- A handful of pine nuts
- Sterilized jars
Useful information: prefer organic peppers and make sure they are large, fleshy, free from bruises and without parts damaged or cooked by the sun. They are delicate vegetables with a rather short shelf life. They can stay 3-4 days in the fruit and vegetable section of the refrigerator, after which time they must be put in oil. Put them in a solution of water and bicarbonate if the peppers did not come from your own garden or from organic farming
Peppers in Oil, the preparation
- After washing the peppers thoroughly, cut them in half, remove the core, the white filaments and the seeds, then cut them into fillets.
- Take a very large steel pot and pour in the vinegar, water and salt then let it boil
- As soon as the water boils, pour the peppers into it
- Stir and cook for about 3 minutes after boiling resumes
- Drain the peppers and let them cool on a clean cloth
- Take the sterilized jars and pour the pepper fillets with chopped garlic, chilli and some pine nuts
- Cover the fillets entirely with oil and wait a day before closing them
- The next day, re-melt more oil and plug hermetically: to make sure that the oil penetrates well, put the jars upside down for a few minutes, then uncork, pour any oil and put the cap back on.
Peppers in Oil, useful information
- Store in the pantry, away from sources of heat and humidity
- Let at least 1 month pass before consuming them.